Did you know October is RVT month across Canada? Registered Veterinary Technicians, also known as RVT’s are formally educated in multiple areas including dentistry, anesthesia, animal medicine, nutrition, radiology, and much more. They can have many responsibilities in a veterinary clinic.
What can you do in your veterinary clinic to celebrate RVT month?
Here are some RVT month ideas you can use for online/offline celebrations!
Social Media Posts and Sharing
- Download our social banners and RVT posts to show appreciation online!
- Ask your clients to share photos of their pets with RVTs at the clinic
- Get to know your RVT – Ask questions about them and their pet and feature them online!
Things to do around the clinic
- Hang posters around the clinic about RVT month
- Feature an “RVT of the month”
- Start a “thank you” wall or board in the clinic with photos of the RVT staff
- Host a contest to win a prize package
- Bring in lunch or donuts for the staff
- Pay for a CE event for your RVTs to attend
- Get customized gifts like bags, mugs, water bottles, or shirts to say thank you
- Veterinary pouches to organize their tools
- Stethoscopes (practical, right?)
- Gift Cards
- Jewelry or personalized charms to accessorize equipment like a stethoscope
Join online using the following hashtags:
#rvtmonth #thankanRVT #huganRVT #proudlyRVT #wearerRVTs #askforRVT